Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 23 November 2018

Just a fish tank update

It's been a while since i mentioned about my fish tank. Because i don't want to have any problems with leaks i coated the tank with Four coats of sealer. OK i know a bit over the top but i want it right. I was lucky to find a company who sell the Epoxy Resin to do my final coat and i wanted a blue for the sides.

Today i did the first of two coats of my blue Epoxy Resin. I asked the company if the Resin was fish safe and they answered that they had recently supplied a UK public aquarium so it must be OK. This is the side wall and when finished the tank will be about 5,000lt.
I couldn't get an angle to take in the whole of the back wall. The Epoxy Resin was wet when i took these pictures and it may look blotchy but it's dried out OK.

2 comments:

  1. the pond looks brilliant. I would be very interested in having more information about the resin and where I can get it from, i.e the name of it because I have just built a pond and in the process of sealing it.If possible could you let me know how much it cost. I have bought one called DEtt-Cimelast and doesnt know if its the best one. Many thanks. Terry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Terence
    I got a kilo form www.resincoat.co.uk at a cost of about £18 plus vat. I have now found www.easycomposites.co.uk cheaper at £54 plus vat for 5kilo. www.resincoat.co.uk assured me that there resin was fish safe but i may well use www.easycomposites.co.uk next time as the price is so much better.

    ReplyDelete