Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 26 July 2019

Hospital food ??

My Mum has recently had a spell in hospital due to a serious Eye problem. I was there a couple of days ago when Mum's lunch came up for her. I noticed the difference from the hospital she has been in previous was her meal was on a plate. This time it was in a carton just like you get from a supermarket. I looked at the label, it was a beef Hotpot but of the whole meal only 16% was beef.

Take a look at the picture of the label with all the ingredients listed. I have a problem with all that is put in our food when I look at bread for example I use only 5 ingredients, flour, salt, sugar, yeast and water. But so many things go into food to make it last but in my case I only use fresh ingredients and no tines or packages full of unpronounceable ingredients.



No comments:

Post a Comment