Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 21 July 2020

My new veranda is on it's way

I could never have known when i built my veranda out of wood and the work in treating the timbers that cracks in the timber was like opening a door to Wood worm

A friend offered to help me build a veranda that would be Wood worm proof. It's now built out of concrete beams, blocks and everything wood worm can't do harm to
I didn't know my friend had been a brick layer in his distant past. He watch for a few minutes and could tell i wasn't familiar with bricks and offered to help. I must admit at this point i became the labourer fetching and carrying.



This is looking out from my workshop to the outside.













 
This is the side looking onto the ruin next door.

This is the side looking to the lane.

This is a side view and we now have one row of blocks in place

Here is the entrance to my workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment