Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 15 August 2012

Today i met new friends who are as happy as me.

It was a day like many in Portugal nice and sunny a good day to go out for a drive. I went to see fellow members on ExpatsPortugal. They had just moved into there house. What makes me write about the visit was that since i have been here i have never been so happy. Nothing gets me down, no stress, no rushing around like a headless chicken.

I get up when i wake, i eat when i am hungry and go to bed when i am tired. A simple but very enjoyable life.

I met Dave and Miry at there house they have just moved into and what i was greeted with was someone like me who had found his dream. All the time i was there Dave was just beaming with pleasure as to how there lives ahead would be.

I was a little envious of all the fruit trees they have 12 different types of fruit. How lucky they are with the amount of fruit i eat  that would save me a small fortune. But better to enjoy what you have than want what others have and be eaten up with envy. 

Dave was telling me that the house he saw was really an after thought on the agents behalf. Like me when i saw a picture of mine i knew that it was for me. Well the same thing happened to Dave and Miry i know just how he feels a year later and i am like a kid with a new toy. I know that i wouldn't change a thing and i know  that Dave wouldn't either. Dave is lucky that his wife is just as enthusiastic as he is and between them they will create a fantastic home. Dave's attitude is like mine it will be done when it's done and does it matter how long it takes.

Could those in the UK or world wide imagine just what when you get the chance you find a better life in later years than you could ever have imagined.

Good luck Dave and Miry

No comments:

Post a Comment