Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 9 June 2020

Just a bit of whats been going on.

During the lock down it's been difficult for me as it has been for most people i have stayed in doing a few small projects.

Being an ex butcher i know at a glance what is a good buy.One day while out at a local supermarket i had a look at what was in the butchers counter. I found a piece of belly pork and a piece of shoulder port ideal for making sausages with. My only problem is i don't have a sausage machine but with my mincer i could make sausage meat. I had always liked Cumberland sausage so i started to ok n the internet.

Soon it was like a Thursday afternoon at G Norris & son in Liverpool. It wasn't long and i soon had a big bowl of Cumberland sausage meat in my bowl

One thing i did have was a burger press so i made my sausage that looked like burgers. I did find that the fat content was to low but for now was OK but next time i will get enough fat content to make them perfect.

For now i have about 24 sausages frozen ready for use in my freezer.

2 comments:

  1. Great to hear from you Peter and happy to know all is well with you. I had missed your posts. Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anne thanks for the kind words. In the coming weeks i hope to be more active. Thanks

    ReplyDelete