Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 24 June 2020

R.I.P my veranda

I posted years ago about the veranda i had built all on my own. I built my veranda after treating all timbers in a timber treatment. Each piece was treated three times and all end pieces stood in the treatment for a couple of days. I felt safe that i had done all i could that made my veranda secure for the future.

A few weeks ago i found a timber that looked week after inspection i found three timbers that where rotten. I asked a local timber expert and although i had treated all my timbers the high sun and cold morning caused some of my timbers to split. This was it an open door to whatever creature wanted to get into my timbers and i didn't know anything about the invasion.

Here is my veranda now during strip down since this picture i have removed every trace of my beloved veranda and the site is clear.

In it's place will be a structure that is wood worm free it's going to be made of Concrete with a none slip floor surface.


No comments:

Post a Comment