Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 14 October 2018

A mistake was made a while ago

It is now quite a while since I started work on my bedroom up now in what was the loft. For light one of the first jobs was to fit a window in the gable end of the room overlooking the valley. I am proud of the job I did in what is my master bedroom but there was one thing that was wrong.

At the time of starting the work I did I left one thing that I didn't do and it could have been a disaster. What I didn't do was to fit the beading round the window, this was left of because I couldn't understand how to fit the beading and the seals.

Last night the area I live was hit by a hurricane with winds of over 100 mph. Instead of the Windows being finished with the correct beading I used wood jammed into Reg corners to secure the glass. Imagine how I felt last night with the house being pounded by very high winds but by 3am the winds finished and I was able to finally got to sleep.

Today I started to to put the beading into my windows along with the bedroom window there was also the bathroom window to seal. It took a while to complete both windows but I am glad to say that my windows are now secure and the job is done and finished.

Here is the window finished and ready for any more high winds.

1 comment:

  1. Looking beautiful Peter and I like the colour scheme.

    ReplyDelete