Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Back up Breck Road again

Again I am in Liverpool and saddened by what I see but what I was to see is common all over the UK. I traveled up Breck road from my Mums and it still looks like a Ghost town as does Prescot Road, Tuebrook, West Derby Road and Stanley Road. All these great shopping areas have been Blighted by the onslaught of the Supermarkets.

From personal experience I can best talk about Breck Road, Breck Road now is full of second hand goods shops, charity shops and fast food outlets. From the Dockers club till the shops end about a mile in distance I saw One pub a garage car sales dating from 1965 still doing well. The only shop I remember from my time in late 1964 that is still trading after all this time is a Pet shop.

Although it was good something has lasted all this time, the shop still looks untidy now as it did over 50 years ago. But it did bring a smile to my face to see at least something left after all these years. The banks have gone Roselind a high end dress shop long gone now a sandwich bar.

At one point I had a butchers shop on Stanely road Bootle but the whole block of shops has gone now just grass like parkland is left.

No comments:

Post a Comment