Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 2 October 2018

Pilots yes Pilots no

I read on the BBC news that Ryanair Pilots where to have another strike. This time it included Pilots and cabin crew from Portugal where involved as well as other countries. The first report was for 190 flights then it came down to 150 flights but after going to bed the next dat it was 250 flights involved.

My Mum is now 93 and not in the best of health and this news was most worrying to me. I left Thursday night to get the Train and Metro up to Porto ready for my flight at 9.15am the next morning. At 9.15am the flight I was due on was coming in with passengers on to disembark and reload for its next flight up to Liverpool.

I sat watching the information displays and at the first flights taking of at 5am, on the list was Ryanair and of all the flights up to 7.20 half where cancelled. I sat waiting until the Liverpool flight was displayed and then watch half expecting it to change to cancelled and it was not until it said go to gate 12 I knew the flight must be on. Because I had flown so often I was already at gate 12 when it was announced, it was only then I relaxed and knew that I would get back to see my Mum and my new grandchild.

No comments:

Post a Comment