Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 4 April 2019

From start to finish

For a long time i was pleased with myself by how i had learnt how to use a Lathe. But it was all a load of crap. It turns out that going to a club run by people who have been wood turners for 20, 20 and some 40 years made me see i needed help.
First i went for help in sharpening my tools i was finding i couldn't get my tools sharp properly. I have been to the club now for only a few weeks and i have learnt more that i had found on Youtube.

First i started with a piece of wood that i made into the basic shape of a bowl.

Next i started by marking what was to be the inside to make the cuts to get the shape of the bowl i wanted.

Next using a special jig to hold the bowl so i could work on finishing the bottom.

Now here is the finished bowl waxed and ready for use.

No comments:

Post a Comment