Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 28 January 2020

3.98 Mbps never seen that before

Since I moved to Portugal I have had a battle with Meo my internet supplier. The best speed I had was about 1.75 Mbps what the means my speed was rubbish but I could manage. Many many times my speed got much worse down to as little as 0.06 Mbps but sometimes a phone call would get my speed up to something my computer could manage with.
Seeing the speed family get in the UK just made me feel worse. In Portugal there is a system and every business has to have on display a book called the Comlaints book. This is something that you only fill in when nothing else helps with your problem.
Finally Meo offered me what they said was all they could do to give me better internet speed. The offer was a Wifi router great for me IPhone and IPad the first test was my speed was 3.98 Mbps.


This speed was a speed I have never had in my house before never seen anything over 1.75 Mbps so what's my problem now.
Well it's this how do I connect this Wifi router to my computer just a little Wifi thingy that fits into the back of my computer.

Just where we go from here is this a happy ending to the saga about my internet speed maybe this is the end.

1 comment:

  1. Yes you will need a wireless receiver to have your PC connect to the router. But if you don't want to spend anymore money on equipment, if you have an Ethernet cable laying around. Just plug that into the back of the router to your computer. Been dealing with MEO for a very long time now and I cannot wait to get away from their awful business and practice. I am very sorry that you are yet another victim of MEO. Unless you live in the heart of the cities, service is pretty terrible. Only got fiber here in Gouveia, its so patchy and some days non existent.
    Good luck, feel free to email me if you have questions about setting up your wifi.

    ReplyDelete