Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 23 December 2020

Being taken back in time

 It's that time of year when you flick through the channels on the TV to find something to watch. Every Santa program is there and the old favourite Home Alone yes they keep bringing that out.

 I am happy with the Sound of the sixties from the BBC with Dylan, the Stones, the Who and my favourite Jimi Hendrix.

Imagine my surprise  to see Woodstock I couldn't get the TV switched over quick enough. The first thing I saw Sly and the Family Stone, who did that take me back. I feel sorry for people who didn't get to see the music of the Sixties.

This film of Woodstock was not the full concert it was more a behind the scenes. About the helicopters with 45 army Doctors, the local towns people who helped out when the food ran out. 

This program showed Jimi playing Star spangled banner, the American anthem but not the full set that he played in the film. Seeing how it was organized all the work that went on kind of made more sense of that weekend in  1969 even more special.

It's been nice typing this letting me go back in time.

Jimi Hendrix
Taken from archived documents that can be found in Woodstock - Back to The Garden, the highest-paid act was guitar legend, Jimi Hendrix, who earned $18,000 to headline the weekend,

No comments:

Post a Comment