Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 24 October 2020

My poor Orange

 I have been watching the oranges on my tree slowly growing and now turning from green to orange colour. My favourite orange is one near to the wall at the front of my house. This orange i look at when i go out or come in and it was the first one that i would eat when it was ripe.

Today i had a close look to see how it was getting on as eating day was coming soon i hoped.


Sadly this beautiful orange has been spared being eaten but it gets to grow till it falls off.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Peter,
    Please read this article , why oranges(citrus) do crack or split.(you can find a lot more in the internet)
    https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/oranges/oranges-splitting.htm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joao

    Thank you for the help it certainly has helped.

    Thanks

    Peter

    ReplyDelete