Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 7 December 2018

Bang and crash UPDATE

I have been driving now for over 50 years and I had my first crash. I know last year I changed the shape of my front wing on a direction sign in a big car park. But today this was a crash with another car or rather the car crashed into me.

I was on a road where overtaking was not allowed. Well I was about to slow down and indicate to turn into a driveway when a car decided to to overtake and hit the front drivers side wing. The driver stopped but due to her speed yes it was a lady driver and I know her. The driver admitted it was her fault for overtaking in the wrong place and she asked for my phone details and would arrange to have my van repaired. But yes a big BUT.

I have used a garage now from since I arrived her some years ago. This garage I have found to be honest and reliable so I went of to get a quote and the price I got was less than I expected. I don't know what the other driver will say about me finding another garage but I am the injured party and I think my view is the most important.

I have nothing wrong with the other garages more it's about me being happy with the work to be done and who does the work to my van.                                                

I dropped my van off today mid morning and by mid afternoon i had a call to say my van was ready and looking so good.

Now the update part.

I had a call from the other driver to say that she now wants to involve the insurance company. Oh dear i have now had the damage repaired because the other driver said she would pay for the repair. I arrived for a meeting she planned to give her my insurance details. After taking all the details a comment about she was 50% to blame and that i was also 50% at fault. i slowed to make a turn into a driveway when i was overtaken and my front bumper was almost ripped of my van. At the time of the incident she did admit it was her fault but now she is only 50%. For now i will let the insurance companies do what they do. I couldn't say anything before now with the other driver because when i picked my van up the office was closed and the owner gave me my keys and said to come back in a day or two to pay when the office was open.


No comments:

Post a Comment