Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 22 June 2010

The property that started it all

It was about maybe three/Four years ago that i first looked at the first house/ruin in Portugal. I looked at one ruin and the pictures below are of the first property i enquired about. I received a reply from the Nicky owner and at the time i explained that i was only enquiring about the property and that i was not looking to buy.

The Nicky  was very kind and helped me at this the start of my search.  The owners partner like myself is well known on the Forums that i am on and his name is Derek or " omostra06 ".  I could never have created any think like what the present owners  have built it takes a creative person to get the best out of what was in effect just a pile of stones It takes vision also the skills of a good group of builders.

 On the Forums that i use one thing i say often is that before anybody who is wanting to move to Portugal or in fact anywhere is that research is a must. It's no good like my friends Diana and Terry and fall in love with the first house they saw.

So what i am saying is anybody can follow there dream but without knowledge and knowing what to do the dream my take many turns. So please take care.

I would like to thank the property owner for allowing me to use these pictures.  The first pictures are various shots of the property and the last is the house finished. A truly remarkable feat.






www.gekkoportugal.com

No comments:

Post a Comment