Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 31 July 2011

Well this is it a new life awaits me.

Well a new life awaits me in Portugal, in a little Hamlet in a place called Vale Boa. As i type this i am in the shop i have now finished with. I was able to say goodbye to a really nice couple i have known over the years. It's sad that so many very nice people i was not able to say goodbye to but it would be another six months if i waited to say goodbye to them all.

I leave my son Anthony behind but i know that we are only a Skype call away. One thing i regret but i may get to do is say to my son that i love him. I have never told my children how much i love them and i am sure that many who read this are like me. Relation between my daughter and I have been strained for quite a few years now and it would be nice for things to change. My son Lee is away in Afghanistan and it's so sad that i go without seeing him and saying goodbye.

My two grandchildren Sean 4 and Chelsee 8 i will only see on holidays. Sean lives in Arbroath in Scotland and at 4years of age he hardly knows me or should i say is very shy towards me. . I would have liked to have taken my now Ex wife with me as was the plan all along but she wanted a divorce. Sadly she has become bitter and twisted and shows nothing but hatred to me and others. I have got on with my life shame she can't.

I posted a message on a Forum i am on about my leaving and i received lots of good will messages. To those i will say that i will report back with as much information about my drive through as i can. I will keep a log of mileage, fuel used fuel prices Tolls etc.

I have stayed at my Mums from when i returned to collect my car at the beginning of July. It's no different now than it was when i was a young man making my way in the world. I was welcomed back as if i had never been away. I will miss my Mum in the coming weeks but i have just got her a new phone one that has Skype on it so we can keep in touch, probably daily i hope. I am sure that i will have lots to tell her.

There has been much happened in the last few weeks that i need to put here on my Blog but that will have to wait for now.

The next time i come back to my Blog will be from Gois Internet Cafe. It will take a little while before i get internet access at the house so it's the Internet Cafe for a short while.

For now that's it.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter,
    Great to read your blog, you write from the heart. I hope your children read this, then they will know you love them. Enjoy Portugal, I visited earlier this year for the first time, amazing place and I'd love to come back.
    Lachlan

    ReplyDelete