Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 3 July 2011

Just a quick update

 I am present in Portugal, i have just driven over from the UK. I came over from Portsmouth to Santander and then drove through the night to Gois. I drove through the night because it was such a nice night to drive after getting of the ferry. I had intended to drive to Salamanca and then stop for the night. I arrived at about 6am taking the whole night for the drive and taking regular stops along the way.

It is a drive i would if i had to do again maybe if the weather was not so good i would have stopped. As for cost from Liverpool to Portsmouth i used app £65 of diesel. When i got of the ferry i put in 65€ and that would have been enough but knowing that across the border into Portugal from Spain the cost of fuel would be more so i put in Another 10€. This was enough when you consider that i was driving a long wheel base Transit van with a trailer behind. A picture of the trailer is on this blog. I am aware that i was driving overweight but looking at the van it was not sitting any lower than normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment