Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 7 April 2012

Oregano, Parsley, Thyme, Mint and a washing machine!!!

Last week i was round at my friends Richards house and he gave me a Mint plant from out of his garden. When i got home i planted it in a nice pot and for a few days it just looked limp and half way dying. It only took a few days and it was well on teh way to recovery.

Today while i was at Richards he found growing in his garden Oregano, Parsley and Thyme just the things that i needed this past week in my coking but i had to leave them out as i had none.  have an old washing machine that i couldn't get a manual for so i decided to make another use for it. This time it was going to make better use of it. I was going to grow some plants in it.

I first needed to get some soil in it and some compost, my soil was full of stones so i borrowed a sieve to get all the rubbish out. The soil was full of small stones, bits of roots and other stuff. After i sieved it all i had was good soil  but it needed some compost to make it better for growing things in. Well it's planted now and in use. I put my Parsley and Thyme into pots and i hope that they will do well like everything else i have planted. The one that's letting me down is my Blackberry, it's in a nice pot but it seems to be sleeping but it may suddenly come to life. Lets hope it does.


Well how's this for an alternative use for an old washing machine. The first thing i put in was Oregano and lets see how it gets on in its new home.

No comments:

Post a Comment