Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 19 April 2012

Four Hens and a Cockerel or Three Hens and two Cockerels?

As you can see i am happy with my chickens in fact i am very happy. But yes always a but somewhere in a story it looks like one of my girls is in fact a boy. It seems that my white hen is in fact a Cockerel so No1 is a boy. Ok what do i do take it back Greg told me that if one turned out to be a Cockerel i could swap it for another Hen. But which one goes back No1 or No6 i can't decide so they both stay but now that leaves me with only three hens. So i am going to get another hen and the new hen will be called No5.







Well as you can see a rather small and not very good looking young chicken.















What a difference a couple of weeks makes. How could i take this one back to change for another hen. So No1 stays.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting story Peter, we used to keep chickens many years ago and we had the same problem, only finding out when the 4am crowing started. We let our cockerel go to a farmer as if we had kept him our neighbours would have been complaining.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Peter I had to log in under my other email address as it wouldn't let me log on my other for some strange reason.Take care & enjoy your chickens jayjan

    ReplyDelete