Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 2 August 2019

A huge mistake made

I like to think that i plan anything i am to do and not often i make a mistake. This time i made a huge mistake taking my granddaughter back home after she was staying with me.

Finding flights back to Liverpool was easy and cheap but when it came to get a flight home that was a different story. I planned to fly back five days later on the Friday. yes i do look weell in advance of the day i need to fly. When i looked for a flight all i found was flights sold out or over £225.00 one way. I felt trapped aver being in the UK for such a large part of the year and all i wanted was to get home.

I still have some Airmiles and i called British Airways to see if i could get a seat to go home. To my surprise i got a flight for the Friday the 26th so fly into Liverpool on the 20th and fly home on the 26th. I didn't notice the month difference it was Friday the 26th August not Friday the 26th of July.

I would rather walk back to Portugal than stay another month also i only came with five days change of cloths. Plan B check out all other air lines Easyjet came out best at £225 i only wanted to get home not buy the air line.

The only option was to look at getting home over land via a coach. National Express from Liverpool to London then London to Paris then Paris to Porto. Total cost was £139 much cheaper that the cheapest flight i could find but at least i got home. The only downside was on the coach from Liverpool to London was the Loo wasn't working.

As this was a five day trip i had little apart from five changes of clothes in my case. 

No comments:

Post a Comment