Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 8 January 2012

The start of 2012 and the year ahead.

 Today  i found out about Twitter from my Grandaughter Chelsee. Chelsee like many children today is very good using computers i think she gets that from me. Chelsee said that she would show me how to get Twitter onto my computer. What i didn't know was just how much Chelsee knew about computers and how to install programs. At one point i must admit i was having trouble so Chelsee  just said to sent a screen shot from my computer via Skype. I have sent Chelsee pictures over Skype a few times so she understands about screen shots etc.  After sending the screen shot she was able to tell me what to do and in no time i was a member of Twitter. Below is a picture that i took of Chelsee from my laptop. After sending the picture to Chelsee i asked that she gets her mum's permission for me to put it on my Blog. Instead of going downstairs to ask her mum she said  to me that she would Text or Twitter her mum. Oh no you go and sk your mum to look at the picture first so i can put it on my Blog. Well here she is my favourite Grandaughter it would be nice to have a picture of Sean my Favourite Grandson. 




You have read about my Grandaughter Chelsee many times here she is.


Well New Year has come and gone but this has been a quiet week. The week started with me trying to finish all the small jobs in the house.  The new lights for the kitchen are the type that go through plasterboard but as i have insulation on the plasterboard i have had to modify the insulation so the lights fit through and work as they should.

When the plasterboard goes up on the ceiling the size it is doesn't fit for the size that the roof beams are. The answer was to put in more timbers for the plasterboard to fit to. Soon i will beat last putting up the plasterboard and then the ceiling is well on the way to being finished. When i go to Liverpool to see my Mum i will be able to get the last of my roof light fittings.

I found that i had one piece of sandpaper left on my sander so i decided to use it to see how the floor in the lounge would come up after a sanding, it was worth doing so i will be getting more sandpaper as soon as i can.

My car came up for renewal on Thursday so Friday i called a number of companies for a quote. I accepted a quote and paid. I called and i was told that they would email the documents in ten minuets, well the documents never arrived. When i called them with the hour change between Portugal and Spain they had closed. I called back on Saturday morning only to find that they where closed until Monday morning. I was upset by not getting my documents as promised, i don't like being let down but what this meant was that the law in  Portugal states that you must have your documents in the car. Failure to provide documents when asked for by the police comes with an on the spot fine of 150€. So not wanting a fine if stopped i stayed in all weekend.


Hopefully Monday morning my issue with the insurance will be sorted out and i will be back on the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment