Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year to you all

Well we are now into a New Year and I would like to  say i hope that all who read my Story have had a great New Years Eve and that your plans  and dreams for the coming year come true.

I had to go to Lisbon airport on New Years eve to collect some friends who had spent Christmas in the UK and where coming home for the New Year. Driving back I could see in the distance some clouds. Now we have been almost cloud free for quite a while and seeing these made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up. What was to come from these clouds on the last day of the year? New Years eve night was a cloudy night but upon waking on New Years day morning I looked  out only to see no frost on the ground, for the last week in the early morning there has been frost on the ground until the sun came and warmed everything up. Today the second of January and the clouds have kept the frost away so all is well.


As I type this I have just had a visit from my Neighbour Donnaelisa who lives in the house down the lane from me. She came carrying two carrier bags, one full with small oranges and the other had a Goats cheese in a butter container. Well that's a good start to the year. Donnaelisa and her husband are both well into there 80's and they work hard everyday on there land and of an early evening they can be seen out with there goats.
























I came across a website run by friends Derek and Hannah. They have a camp site for holidays, well camp site may not be the right word look at the picture below this is a Mongolian Yurt. If it's good enough for the likes of Genghis Khan the great Mongolian leader then it's good enough for me.

Derek and Hannah are so good they are rated as the No 2 most cool camp sites in Europe in the Sunday Times. 

2 LUGAR VARZEAS
Portugal

Camp with a clear conscience in the hills of central Portugal, surrounded by the scent of jasmine, eucalyptus and orange blossom. The turquoise eco-yurts have a brass-knobbed bed and retro furnishings, while the owners’ organic allotment provides vines, figs and basil. Their chickens will lay your morning eggs, and you’ll wake up to find your breakfast in a hamper at your yurt’s front door before you skip off for a solar-powered hot shower.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Peter! I would like to know if you have a number or email from Derek and Hannah . i would much like to rent the yurt for the new year's eve!! thanks and God bless you :)

    ReplyDelete