Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 12 September 2012

The difference a few years make

On another Blog i am working on about Vale Boa but about the history of Vale Boa i was sent some photos of Vale Boa 2011 and some from 2004. Looking at the photos i can make out some difference in my hose and the one next door.


This is the picture i received and cut away some to show just how the house next to mine was in 2004. The roof can clearly be seen and intact.

Here in 2011 it is clear that the roof has fell in and the house is now a ruin.













One thing i have found out is that if you own a property and there are windows that overlook someone else's property then you have to have a barrier in front of the window so your window can't open onto a property that you don't own. Pity as it makes the house look so uninviting with bars up on the windows.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Peter,
    having found the link to your blog in a post on the Expat forum, I have just finished reading your entire blog.
    Great stuff.!
    Here is a little story, I wanted to share with you.
    What seems like a long time ago, on my first scouting trip to Portugal, Richard took me to a small village.
    He had just listed a house there, which he thought as interesting and a bit un-usual. I had been looking at 15-20 properties all over the area, from Richard and Patricia's portfolio.
    Well, there in Vale Boa was a small house for sale due to the recent death of the old woman who had lived in it.
    I toured it and it certainly had attractive features and good things going for it. Including 3 wine casks which still had wine in them, as demonstrated by the old woman showing us around.
    Very tempted I was, as the price was in a range that I could swing and the work needed was neither too much nor immediate.

    Alas, I did find MY house somewhere else... Richard insists that he knew that I would buy that pile of stones as soon as he saw my standing in it..., so THIS house found the man that it needed to find.. YOU.!

    Chapeau, sir... you have done so much and I salute you.
    It was a pleasure to read about your work there and the happiness this has brought to you.

    My move to Portugal is still in the future, although my ruin is nearing completion in it's restoration.
    Soon... soon... not soon enough, but patience must prevail.

    I will be in Gois in the spring and maybe we will run into each other at the May Tay...

    cheers,
    Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Thomas, Am i glad you didn't buy what has become my home. Lets hope we get to have that drink in the May Tay next year or call up to the house and if the door is open i will be in. I could never have believed that just moving house would make life so good.

    Bye for now

    Peter

    ReplyDelete