Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 16 September 2012

Time to get a load of wine made.

For hundreds or maybe thousands of years man has been making alcoholic drinks by means of fermenting all kinds of fruits etc. Today i picked 20 kilo of white grapes and took all the grapes of the stems and 20 kilo is a lot of grapes and stems.

While in Porto during the week i was in Ikea with a friend after dropping of a car back to the car hire place at the airport. During the time in Ikea i found a box and a lid that would do for starting of the fermentation process for my wine i planned to make.

Sunday morning i decided it was time to pick the grapes. It didn't take long and i had about 20 kilo and then started the long job of taking the grapes of the stems after that was done it was time to  juice the grapes. What i mean by that is time to give my feet a good clean and then get into the big box i had the grapes in. Pressing grapes by foot was a strange thing to do as i have a steam juicer but 20 kilo was to much to try and do in a juicer.

The juice is now in a container ready for fermenting not bad for a days work. I went on a Forum i am on asking to borrow or buy a a fruit press. I had a reply from someone who i know not far from me who has one for me to borrow or if i want to buy it. There are still a lot of white grapes where i got mine from but also i have probably at least 50 kilo plus of red grapes so it would help to be able to use a fruit press. The white grapes just have to have the juice extracted from them but the red grapes you can leave the skins in to give the wine the red colour. The juice from red grapes is actually white so the skins are needed for colour.

When i make the red wine i will leave the skins in with one batch to make a good dark red wine. I will also take out the skins a bit early with another batch so as to make a Rose or lighter coloured wine.

I am temped to get the white wine  put through a Still and have it made into a spirit. Cognac is made from wine made from white grapes and then it is distilled a number of times to create Cognac. Seems easy but there is a bit more to it but i don't have the types of grapes  Ugni Blanc, Folle Blanche and Colombard that are needed to make a Cognac type drink but it's worth a try
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi bud,

    I Posted on an Expat forum a while back & then forgot all about it, as the 1st Guy to Reply was a Psychopath .... I Accidentally found it again in a Search Tonight & scanned-through yet more Psychopaths hiding-in-plain-view, exhibiting delusions-of-grandeur which They hope-in-vain can Shake Core-Confidence within Those They're pathologically-envious of .... The wretched do go on ....

    More Importantly, I Noticed Your Response & It was What I'd Expect of An Empath ^ It's Markedly Different from "all" the puerile Responses I otherwise received ....

    I Simply Wanted to Say Thanks for Your Kind Words & to Encourage Your Enthusiasm for Your Own Great Project & to Wish You Well ....

    Nothing can Stop Me from Making A Success of My Project, As I Have A Whole Range of Over-Arching Moral-Aims to Accomplish & The Universe Rewards Moral Positivity, whilst punishing immoral negativity, which You can "Tell" from the failures Who responded "transparently" on the Forum ....

    Suffice to Say, I'm A Man of Extraordinary Gifts & I Share Them Exclusively With Empathic Families Who want to work Their way out of poverty, all around The World ....

    Although I Have Christlike Compassion I've No-Longer got Sympathy for People from the 1st-World, Most of Whom are Psychopaths, ie Vermin .... As Sympathy Kills ....

    I'm Finally Buying Large Metal Gates Tomorrow & Symbolically I Will Lock Them & Then Never Open Them again to Anyone other than Couriers ....

    I Hope Everything You Grow Transforms into Your Heart's Desire ....

    As regards the Psychopaths on the Forum, ironically They mustn't have Heard of the Internet, fortunately I Have & since I made a Lot of money from it I'm Confident, as long as I Can Legitimately Hold 1 Grape up to a Camera, I can Sell Wine from All Over The Area on My New Ethical Website ....

    For The Record, having only Been Here for 2 Months, I ended up with enough Grapes to fill 6, 4-foot-tall, Barrels & Next it's Olive Time .... Moreover, I'm Experimenting with Vegetables ....

    I've met a disproportionate volume of Self-deluded Foreign & Local psychopaths, (with no Self-Respect or Awareness,) since I've been here, transparently projecting Their envy-borne-hatred at Me .... I Hope You Fare Far Better .... I Thank The Universe The Day Is Close I Can Lock My Gates & Slide Down Them, in silence Forever & A Day ....

    Thanks again & Kind regards,
    JosephM

    ReplyDelete