Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 30 December 2012

One more day and it's a New Year.

Well it's only one day to go and i have learn a new skill. I saw Jamie Oliver with a group of school children showing them how to cook. In one program he had them making fresh Pasta and it looked so easy to do.

100 grams of flour and an egg.

Not much needed but to make sure i got it right i watch the video again. Mix the flour and egg and kneed it for about 10 minutes and then put the dough in the fridge for half an hour wrapped in cling film. Then roll it thin and cut to size unless you are posh and have a pasta maker but cut in thin strips is OK. Now all i need is for my homemade bread to finish and i can put my dinner on. Tonight Chilli con Carne but with freshly made Pasta.

So for me that finishes of a good year were i have done and learnt so much this past year.

Now for a glass of Cherry Remy Martin.

Today is the birthday of my eldest son who after finishing work is on a beach somewhere in the Indian ocean. 

A Happy New Year to everybody who has taken the time to read my story.

 

2 comments:

  1. Happy New Year to you Peter! And thanks for your post; I'm feeling inspired and might make some pasta today. I'll have to dust off my pasta machine though, because my kids love to join in with that part, furiously turning the handle and making their own pasta!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Vincent. Happy New Year to you. I made pasta again tonight and put some Oregano in as the Italians use a lot of Oregano in making pizzas. It's a great way to get the children interested in food instead of just eating it. Keep up the good work.
    Peter

    ReplyDelete