Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 2 September 2017

If you think Royal Mail are bad

i have never had a good word to say about Royal Mail but in the six years I have lived in Portugal maybe they could be better than I remember. Low and behold Royal Mail own a company called GLS, most Expats will know about GLS. From reading comments on Various Expat forums delivery is normally upto 30 days and this is common. Why do the bosses of GLS get so well paid and provide a crap service?

For my business I first ask a supplier if I can use a courier of my choice to get and keep my business all have agreed. I use a company called Pharosparcels.com who in turn use UPS as there choice of company to trust there business with. Delivery normally at best 66 hours from pickup to delivery but 75 hours from pickup at my supplier to delivery to me. I have arranged with a local garage to take in my parcels. The driver has told me he will only go to the garage if he is very busy and he normally comes up to my house.

A friends sent me a pack of labels thinner than a pack of computer paper and that was sent on the 14th August and to date has not arrive Why. The driver from the courier says the house was empty and it's returned back to the depot. Why are the drivers for this firm so bad and why is it allowed don't bosses at the company not ask why so much is taken back.

Below I have put four email addresses someone put up on a Forum called Britishexpats, if you have had trouble with this company email to all the below ID and I got a reply and it is below it comes from Andrew Moys.

Dear Mr Calder,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not been satisfied with the service you have received from GLS.  I have asked that someone contacts you about your concerns.

I will follow up to ensure that this happens.

Best regards,
Andrew


jake.diamont@royalmail.com

shane.o'riordain@royalmail.com

andrew.moys@royalmail.com

peter.tilley@royalmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment