Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 7 January 2019

Parking can be a problem

For my recent trip to Liverpool I had something to be concerned about. This problem was I was returning on New Year's Eve and getting back at about 4 pm how would I get home. Normally I would get the Metro and then the train down to Coimbra where I would collect my van.

This plan was OK if the normally punctual train arrived on time but that was not all. I couldn't book my seat on the train because first the plane needed to arrive, get my bags and then get the Metro to Campanah in Porto. Only when I get to Campanha could I get my train ticket but what if the train was full and then the next could be full I would not get home for New Year's Eve.














OK lots of potential problems so this trip I drove in my van to Porto airport. When I arrived I went to a number of parking companies who advertised low cost parking. The first I went to said you need to book online 6 hours before you arrive to park to get the reduced price. I was told similar stories at 2 other parking companies until I came to the company I used. As you drive to the airport is ahead of you a huge  sign Lowcost Parking it says. I parked and walked into the reception where I was met by a nice young lady who spoke good English. I asked how much to park for 14 days till New Year's Eve and she said 66.90€ so I booked and took my booking ticket to the guy who takes the van into the parking area.














Before I left to get my plane I went into the office to verify the price and I was told again the same 66.90€ so off I went.  But after what other companies told me I was concerned that when I got back would the charge be more. No even though I was nearly 3 hours over the 14 days all I was asked for was the 66.90€ I was quoted.

No comments:

Post a Comment