Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 31 January 2019

Skimmimg stones

Can you remember skimming stones on a lake or maybe at the seaside. I can and i have been collecting the type of stone that you would normally skim across the water. I have been collecting these type of stones now for quite a while ready for when i get my fish tank ready for water.

A quick recap i am building a 5,000 lt fish tank in my cellar, i need stones to create an environment for the fish i intend to keep.

I am told last night that we had a lot of rain. One of my friends said that the rain and wind kept him awake most of the night. My answer was that i was to busy being asleep to notice the wind and rain.








 Yesterday i stopped to collect some more stones at a almost dried up stream near near house. Today i stopped to find the stream was now flowing like a torrent. Over night we must have had a lot of rain to cause what you can see in the picture.

The reason the rain just drained of the hillside was i think because over the summer the result of the extreme sun beating down each day baked the ground and it takes time for the rain to soak into the hillsides but for now it runs off and goes into the rivers and streams.












No comments:

Post a Comment