Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 26 October 2019

It's olive picking time

It's that time every two years that the Olive trees give a bumper crop. Today as i was having a shower i heard voices that being unusual because i am the only one in my village. I quickly finished so i could see where the voices where coming from. I could hear from my veranda voices but couldn't see where they where coming from, strange.

When it was time to make my breakfast as usual i went down the lane to pick some chives to put in my poached eggs. What i saw was a family picking the Olives from the trees in front of my house. Three generations Mum, two daughters and a granddaughter three generations out for another days Olive picking.

What o couldn't understand was that Mum the elder of the family was the one to climb the trees to prune and pick the Olives that where high from the ground. The ground below the trees was covered in sheets to collect the crop when it was removed from the trees.

No comments:

Post a Comment