Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 11 February 2022

It never gets boring cutting wood

Well it's been a busy couple of weeks down in my workshop. I have just finished cutting a board for a lady and it's the island of Trinidad in the Caribbean.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Two island I am just finishing are part of the Azores one has to be oiled with a food grade mineral oil. The other has to be varnished as it a wall feature importantly they are a Valentines day gift.



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Then there is the United Kingdom. All countries are not to scale I have done Wales, the isle of Mann also Ireland with Northern Island. Then there is the one I call " There will always Be " that one is England. I still have to cut Scotland to complete the series. 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Today I cut Scotland for a customer the board is about 16 inches tall and two inches thick. This one will be interesting because of  the shape of the country and limitations of the machine I use for cutting.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment