Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 21 December 2022

Leyroy Merlin a result

Going back before the dark days that are now Brexit life was easy. I could order what i wanted from the UK from Ebay Amazon and more. I built a 5,000 LT tropical fish tank and needed a special silicon that is Fish safe easy just order and it soon came. I was able to finish putting the big sheet of glass. I had just enough over for when i made another  tank 1.2M long.  

Then we come to today  I plan soon in the New Year to make another 1.2M long tank and will need more silicon. Looking at Ebay for example the silicon was not expensive but the delivery £13 and £6 for import taxes.

I then looked at buying from Spain or Germany for something weighing less than 300gr delivery was crazy. I started to look at Portugal and found silicon but the price was again high i feel like i have to pay a penalty just to make a fish tank.

While shopping in Leyroy Merlin i asked a lady assistant who took me to a huge silicon display. Unknown to me the assistant went straight for the special silicon i needed.

Now i have to order the glass i need but that can wait a few weeks.



This picture is as the lights come on early the morning. But like this i am making another tank like this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment