Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 24 March 2018

A Marines Prayer

I have no idea of the name of the Royal Marine who wrote the words below but i am sure in dark time when deployed these words may have given some comfort.




































This reminds me of a songs by a singer called Wink Martindale about a pack of cards.

The cards represented a replacement for his Bible some of the words go like this." "You see Sir, when I look at the "Ace, " it reminds me that there
Is but one God. And the "Deuce" reminds me that the Bible is divided into
Two parts, the Old and the New Testaments. When I see the "Trey, " I think
Of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost. And when I see the "Four, " I
Think of the four Evangelists who preached the Gospel; there was Matthew,
Mark, Luke and John. And when I see the "Five, " it reminds me of the five
Wise virgins who trimmed their lamps; there were ten of them: five were
Wise and were saved, five were foolish and were shut out. When I see the
"Six, " it reminds me that in six days, God made this great heaven and
Earth. When I see the "Seven, " it reminds me that on the seventh day,

No comments:

Post a Comment