Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 5 March 2020

Bacalhau salt Cod NO

One of the local supermarkets had an offer for fresh Cod not the salted Cod that is common everywhere. In over 10 years coming to Portugal and living in Portugal i have never seen fresh Cod on sale before.

The Cod was priced normally at 12.99€ per kilo but reduced on offer at 5.99€. At the supermarket They had 4 steaks for sale or one whole fish greedy me i got the whole fish. The fish weighed 5.185 kilo or about 11 lb the sales girl couldn't find bags big enough for the fish to fit in. It took some time for the fish to be bagged up for me but soon i was on the way home.

Below i have a picture of the fish on my work surface, i put my Iphone next to the fish to to show scale so you can see it's huge. I kept the bones and tail to boil down to make stock to be used for soup.  I managed to get 20 portions out of the fish and it's now all in my freezer. Below is the receipt showing the weight and price. So Peter got a bargain




No comments:

Post a Comment