Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 24 June 2021

So what's happened during the last few months

Here in Portugal markets have closed since bout November 2119. So as the Spices man what have i been doing with my time. In a word not a lot to date.

I have been working on my Lathe but as wood run out there was not a lot that could be done. I made a cutting board for one of my sons but soon stopped it because of Brexit i would have to pay tax to ship it to Liverpool. Then the Customs in the UK would want Customs duty on a piece of wood sent to my son.

Now the EU and the UK have a Gift system in place for people to send a Gift up to £45 from the 1st July so lets see how this works.

I made lots of Table lamps, Bowls and platters as well as cutting boards. Some cutting boards are in the shape of countries for example, Africa, Australia and Portugal and Spain.

I used the time to increase my stock of Spices ready for when the markets start again. Because of Brexit i no longer buy from my usual supplier in the UK but i buy from the EU now. I have found suppliers in Spain, Germany and Hungary. Buying from Hungary i am now able to get the best Smoked paprika so i am very happy i just need a market to start selling my Spices again.

No comments:

Post a Comment