Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Friday 12 August 2011

Todays is signing day and moving in day

Well it's arrived today is the day to sign the final papers and move into my new home. I go to the Notaire's office at 3pm in a place called Arganil. Arganil is a lovely town about 15 minuet drive away. By about 4.30pm the keys will be mine and i can move in. I am going to get the van and try to unload as much as i can tonight. Every box has been labeled so it should make things a little easy.  This morning i went to Lousa another town in the opposite direction from Arganil. Arganil is north and Lousa is to the south.

Today really is the day where if i had any doubt then it's at this point i should say no i want to go home. Well sorry, i have been up to the house so many times i have not had one reason to think that i have made a mistake. I know in my heart of all the things in my life i have done this is one that feels so right.



I went for a meal with Nigel and Ann last Sunday and with the meal we had wine. Now i am not a wine drinker but it was very nice. I think i will get into the habit of having a glass of wine with a meal in future. Today i got a bottle of Mateus with a free half bottle. Cost 3 euro now that's not a bad price. That's less than £3 for a bottle and a half. Now to drink wine you need to be able to open a bottle and who doesn't have a bottle opener, well now i have. I also got some fruit, my mum has a bowl of fresh fruit after her evening meal well i am going to give it a go. The shops here are full of local grown fresh fruits and vegetables. The selection of fresh fish would make Asda look a bit silly. Lots that are available is fresh that day.

I was showing pictures of my house to John in the Internet Cafe and he tells me his Godfather lived in my house many years ago. It is a small world.

I will be about a week before i have the Internet up at the house but when i do i hope to update every couple of days and to include photos.  This is the end of one part of my life, Tomorrow starts a new day in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment