Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 10 August 2011

Well i am now into the first week of the rest of my life


Well since I arrived it's a bit like being on holiday. I arrived on Thursday the 4th August and it's now the 10th August. It seems a waste but you can't hurry up the legal process. After all it's the legal process that ensures that every thing is done correctly and it's for my protection.

Where all the final Legal bits are done is in the office of the Notaire and that's the last stage and it's then I get the keys and my house. The Notaire's office is only open on a Tuesday and Friday and it has to be booked in advance. We have booked to see the Notaire on Friday the 12th at 1pm in the afternoon the Notaire has to read all documents in case of any errors. The land registration has to be paid and proof for the Notaire also

When all that has been done it's of to the Camara “ Council “ and when I register I get 8 years rates free. The land tax is less than 20 euro per year. I can then apply to have the phone connected and to get broad band. Then I am in contact with the outside world. Each day as it passes seems a waste as I should be in the house unpacking all my bits and bobs.

The things right now I am missing is my nail clippers as I have a couple of broken nails and they are getting on my nerves. My shoe polish because my shoes need a good polish and lastly a belt. I have just put a clean pair of jeans on and they need a belt, does this mean I have lost some weight well who knows but I still need a belt.

Yesterday as I drove down to Lisboa airport the temperature was 38.5c outside up to now that is the hottest I have drove in. Good job I got my air con sorted before I left.

The first job after unpacking is to prepare the Kitchen to have all the new fitting put up and the tilling done. I don't intend to have wall units instead I want a nice wood shelve above the base units in the same wood that i shall choose for the doors and the plinth below the base units will be the same.

Today I got the name plate for the house that I had made by in a local craft shop. The house will be called Casita Amellia as the Lady who passed away before I found the house was called Amellia.




1 comment:

  1. so pleased for you Peter.A safe trip to start a new life.Enjoy your first summer in Gois!

    ReplyDelete