Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 13 April 2013

Drill bits use once and throw away.

When i returned from my stay in Liverpool i went to the timber yard for some battens for the walls in my kitchen. The battens are for the insulated plasterboard to be fixed onto.  Me being me thinking i understood about metric measurements and not having a tape measure guessed what i wanted and got it completely wrong. I now know that one centimetre is not and inch in fact one centimetre is only a little over a third of an inch. I had ordered the timber and when i went for it i could not say that i didn't want it after it had been made for me so i had to take it that was a waste of money.  I Had ordered one centimetre by three centimetre's to me that was one inch by three inch's. I won't maker that mistake again.

I went to get more battens on Wednesday and this time i measured correctly and got just what i wanted. Today Friday i started to put the battens up on the wall ready for the plasterboard that i should get Monday of next week.

I had to drill and plug the walls to take the battens and i had hoped to get at least one wall  done how wrong i was. I had a brand new twist drill for the holes and before long it was blunt ands unusable, i found two more in a box of drill bits and these where blunt before i could finish the wall. I don't know what the wall is made of but at this rate it will cost more for drill bits that the cost of the kitchen.


No comments:

Post a Comment