Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 15 April 2013

Back to the car

On one of the forums i am someone has put how he made his car legal and he described in great detail how he did it.

I replied with how i had done it with a day preparing and a day to get things done. What i put here on my Blog was true and almost accurate. I didn't mention that while i was still living in the UK i had started to get things together as it was easy to do things while still in the country where i need information from.

I spent from September 2007 when i first stared to get interested in Portugal getting all the information together when i decided i wanted to move i had lots of information in place for when i moved.

The poster questioned how i could do it in a day with a days preparation, i should have mentioned that i organized things as i went along. I got my Certificate of Conformity a long time before my move as it was easy to organized from the UK than wait till i moved to my new home in Portugal. You need your tyres to be in matched pair and tow bars unless fitted by the car maker, in my case i had the tow bar fitted so that had to be removed.

So really he was right it did take more than a day to prepare but i only used the advice from posters on the various Forums that i use.

No comments:

Post a Comment