Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 7 July 2018

A new market

i knew about a new market starting the first Saturday of each month. I had hoped the people would have advertised properly but even though I arrived early I was the only one to turn up. After a while I drove of to a friends for a cup of tea and my plan was to go back a little while later. A little while later I went back to find only one person had arrived and pitched up. Looking on Facebook and an advertising site I found that the event had not been advertised so what a waste of my time.

The week before the market was due to start i looked on the 2 most popular Expat Forums where you can advertise also on E-Beira an advertising site and lastly on the markets Facebook. The markets Facebook now has mentions about the market but the week before it had nothing until the 5th July 2 days before the start.

I turned up at the market with all my Spices and had the market been advertised on the media mentioned above then i expect it would have been better attended. I do hope that in future the market gets the support and becomes popular like the one at the George & Dragon on the N17.


The only advertising i have seen was a note drawn up for the customers who use the bar.
ExpatsPortugal
Expatsfocus
E-Beira
Facebook
These would have been a good help






 Girassol CAFE
5 July ·
Dont forget this coming Saturday we are having a car boot sale at the cafe cars 5.00 euros or a table inside 3.00 euros
10.30 to 5pm
Food available

I went to the cafe yesterday on my way back from Coimbra for a cup of tea as i normally do. I omitted to mention that although when i left the new market there where only 3 people using the tables in the restaurant.   The reason i drove of was really because someone i didn't want to see arrived and seeing her was a shock so i left. I went back over an hour later and i met a number of friends and one person who had set up her stall. Not expecting that the person i didn't want to see was still there i turned away as she left the cafe. Shortly after i left and went home. I have my reasons why i didn't want to see the person and that's my business.




No comments:

Post a Comment