Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 1 December 2019

Some months ago

Some months ago a customer was looking at some of my cutting boards i had on display. She asked if i could make one in the shape of the state of Wisconsin in the USA because that is where she comes from. I straight away said yes but it would take me some time now i had to find out how i would . Happily i said yes  it would be ready for Christmas the lady said that would be fine.

Due to Mum's poor health i went back to Liverpool and while there i used to go to a wood turners club to help me with lathe skills. One day i was there i found that a machine was for sale and straight away knew it would be ideal because it was a fretsaw machine and for £20 it was a bargain at that price.

I have used UPS now for over 4 years and just got UPS to deliver my new toy in time for my next trip back to my home in Portugal. Last months was the first time that i was able to show to the lady what it would look like.


This is the lady with me showing of here new Cheese board. Wisconsin is the cheese state in the USA and for mu customer she was so happy.
I now have to make a board in the shape of Yorkshire in the UK.
Another in the shape of Australia. One also in the shape of Portugal but bigger that the one i had on show at the market.

This photo is the happy end to this story but the start of something else i can now take pleasure in doing and making people anything they can dream of.

No comments:

Post a Comment