Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Saturday 14 December 2019

Thanks UPS

A long long time ago a parcel was sent to me one Christmas that never turned up at my address. On various Forums it seems it's common for parcel companies to not to bother to deliver to addresses up in little villages.However i used a company for my Spices deliveries who allowed me to send in a Courier of my choice. I tried UPS and now four years later they are the only company i use.

This week i have had % parcels delivered to me by UPS and having the same driver deliver to me for a long time he calls me on the phone. A local Cafe in town takes parcels in for lots of the local Expats me included. 

I had about 2 years ago a company who after telling me they would use UPS sent a parcel via DHL. Where the drive would have stopped in my village i was working with 4 other people at the time the driver claimed that my house was empty and no body was home. The truth was he couldn't be bothered to drive just of the main road to my address.

I called DHL only to be told the driver found nobody was home and that they would re book  the delivery. Well 4 people where working next to where the driver would have stopped to come to my house. Again i called to complain but i was told that i should have been at home for the delivery but they had now sent the parcel back to the sender.

I have needed a Gazebo no for a long time after i had one of the cheap gazebos that are just tubes of thin steel up put together. I got rid of this cheap piece of junk a while ago until now. I had a new gazebo delivered to my daughter who checked it was the type i wanted and needed and it was.


Today despite the rain coming i was able to attend a market that i would have had to miss all down to UPS and my favourite driver. When i was ready i was able to load up the van and nothing got wet  Thank you UPS see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment