Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Sunday 12 February 2012

Blue skies at home cold grey skies in Liverpool

I had a call from my friend from Gois Property. Richard live not far from me and today he was out in the garden and he called me on Skype from his Iphone. I could see straight away from his camera that the sky was blue. Here in the UK i have not seen any blue in the sky since i can to stay with my Mum three weeks ago.  Back home the blue sky on it's own is a tonic it just makes you feel so much better that here in a miserable UK. Here in Liverpool we may not have had any sun and the outside temperature has been 0c , most days and with the wind chill factor  it has been feeling much colder. Back home Richard tells me that there has been no rain in the weeks i have been away. No rain and blue skies what more can you want?

From the reports i have read the dry winter will cause problems for the coming months. The rain we had has now made the land i have soft enough to use to plant some fruit trees and get rid of a few olive trees. I also need a water tank to site at the top of my land so i can  use any rain water and household waste water to water my trees in the coming months. 

All i need is a couple of what are called IBC containers just like the photo below one to store the house water and then pump it up to the one at the top of my land to feed my trees. The water will trickle down via pipes to each tree. Well that's the plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment