Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 4 May 2017

I don't want crap scrap

I went to a scrap yard in Arganil for a headlight for my van and as luck had it they had one in stock and only 35€. When it came time to fit it i found that the reflective covering on the inside was all discoloured almost black so i went back for a refund or replacement.

It was suggested that i cut away the front of my faulty light and the front of the one sold to me and glue the two goods bits together. I asked for a refund due to the replacement being faulty, the girl who served me said that they had no money and i would have to have something else. I asked three times for a refund and each time i was fobbed of so i asked for the Complaints Book.

The system here is that when asked for the Complaints Book the business must immediately hand over the Complaints Book. I then reminded her that as she has not given me the book so i am going to the GNR Police.to make a formal complaint.

At this point she called me back having now found the money for my refund.

I then went to another scrap yard in a place called Poiares where i found a scrap yard that had one in stock but it was on a van. The guy behind the counter asked that i follow him to the rear where the van was parked. He then connected a battery to show me the headlight was OK. There is good service and all you have to do is look for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment