Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Tuesday 1 May 2012

Could the worst of the rain be over?

I can remember rain in the UK, and when it rained you knew that it would at least stop at some point. We have had rain now for about a month, with an odd couple of days without rain or hardly any to speak of.

Yesterday i had a call from Geoff and sitting looking out of the window the rain was very heavy. In the distance i could see a little but sky and during the call i could see that the sky was getting bluer and before long it was a nice sunny day. Well for about an hour maybe and then the cloud came back.

Today it is cloudy but dry  so i have been doing a bit of gardening. I have planted my green bean yes one green bean because it was the only one to come up. I was given some Tomato plants and Chili and Pepper plants along with my Green bean.


I was given some water bottles by Pete and Allison and they cut the bottle around three side so as to have a top on to give a bit of protection to the young plants so i did the same.











You can see here some of the Chili plants and one Tomato plant behind the water bottles.













Next we have a variety of Green bean, Tomato, Chili, Pepper and green and red Curly Lettuce.














As you can see i a not proud Buckets, cut down bottles, bowls, pots and even pots that my fruit trees can in.  I have even made use of my Eco Friendly washing machine, i am using this as i don't have a manual to explain how to work an Eco friendly device like this so it's got plants in it. There are Tomato, red and green Lettuce a pepper and a couple of herbs.


Top left is green curly lettuce next down is red curly lettuce and at the front on the left is my Green Bean. Now my Green Bean has a pot that had my Lime tree in so i hope he does well as i like green beans.

Well that's all today from Gardening the Rural way.

1 comment:

  1. Your plants look great Peter. You are giving me hope that I will be able to do as well.

    ReplyDelete