Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 17 May 2012

Plums Plums Oh no Cherries YES

I have already written before of my Addiction to Cherries. Cherry jam, Cherry ice cream in fact cherry anything well  have a surprise. In the beginning of August last year i found on my Estate all 124 sqm of it. I had some fruit tree that looked like Damsons and had the taste of Plums. Would have been better if they had been Cherries.

The trees are now covered in fruit and today i found on the floor by the chicken house what looked like a cherry. I do have a Cherry tree at the bottom of the lane but how was this Cherry on my land 50ft a way? I had a look at my Plum trees only to see fruit changing from Green as they had been a few days ago. Now they are a yellowish colour and with parts that are changing to red.

I have what looks like Cherries in fact four Cherry trees. I now have more Cherries than i can use. Who am i kidding, Cherry jam, Cherry Vodka, Cherry Brandy and anything else i can do with them. Cherry Crumble may be the first thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment