Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 16 May 2012

My Dad

Fifteen years ago i was coming home from work on what was my weeding anniversary. As i turned into the road where i lived my then wife was running up the road to met me. My Dad had passed away. We went over to the house where as you could imagine everybody was there, well local family. It would be difficult for those who lived a distance to be there at the time of night it was.

One thing i like to remember of that night was that as the Funeral Directors where about to take Dad away they asked Ken to sign to release him to them. Ken suggested that i sign and that's the last thing i did for my Dad. I gave him into the care of others.

During the time that Lee was in Afghanistan i would often ask Dad to look down on Lee and watch over him. Well  Lee has now retired from the Royal Marines and i think during that time Dad did as i asked. Lee always came back safe and sound.


As i wait for my tomato plants to grow i remember when Dad always pinched out the side shoots. Dad i am waiting and i will do as you did all that time ago.


Dad we all need you even though you can't be with use.


Dad Rest in peace



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the comforting thoughts of spirits flown, sometimes we all feel alone but memories can fill us with warmth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He may be gone but his help is with use every day.

    ReplyDelete