Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 30 August 2012

Blackberries are now being made into wine Mmmmm

Over the last week i have been collecting Blackberries. My Peach wine as is my Pear wine and also my mixed Peach and Pear wine are now finished and they are set aside now to mature. So it's Blackberry wine next, while making my last lot of wine i found that by following the instruction that came with the Juicer that Cathy and Gary gave me i found that the sugar i put in was to much. I just followed what it said but i was lucky to be able to get the sugar level down by taking some out of the Pear and some of the Peach and mixing them in one container. Each of the others the Pear and Peach then just had water added to correct the sugar level. I found a UK based wine making Forum  and i asked for help in adjusting the sugar levels.

This time for my Blackberry wine i went to the wine making Forum and asked just what the correct sugar i should use. I was advised to use 933 grams of sugar and  so that what i did and it seems just fine after checking with my Hydrometer so i am a happy boy for now.

There seems to be this year a very good crop of grapes both red and white types. The red makes white wine but it's just the skins left in with the juice that make the colour. I went on the Forum today to ask how long to leave the skins in to make a Rose wine.  Nothing like being ready for when the grapes are ripe.



Maybe not the best picture to show the grapes but you can also see in the back ground the water tank i spoke about in my last Post.  What you can't see to well is the black grapes slowly growing and soon to be turned into wine.

http://www.homewinemaking.co.uk/forum/YaBB.pl

No comments:

Post a Comment