Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Thursday 16 August 2012

Maybe the last time to get stuff planted

It's  mid August and not the time to be putting things out to grow. Well i never did as i was told. I have seed Potatos that where ready to be planted and i have Broccoli almost ready to plant and Chillis in pots. Now i have my first raised bed up and running, i have put in my Potatos that should be ready for Christmas. My Broccoli is a few days away from being big enough to be planted out in there new home  in the raised bed. I have already put in Chilli that was in pots and those in the raised bed look ok.

Carrots are OK to grow at this time of year and i will get some in as soon as i can. I just hope i can get some baby carrots. 


Chilli and green pepper all doing well. They have now been in a week so if they where not going to like the raised bed they would have died. 










 

 Blackberries are abundant at the moment but they are not as big as shop brought ones but it just means that you need more. These took half an hour to pick and weight 11oz. I need about 5lb to make a gallon of wine. Now they are in the freezer waiting for more and then it's wine.








 
Tomatos come in a variety of shapes and colours and i don't know how many different types i have but it doesn't matter they are all good.

No comments:

Post a Comment