Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Monday 4 March 2019

I ended up back at my old Doctors

Because I am not returning to Portugal for who knows how long I have a huge problem I take Statins for my cholesterol. I managed to get a repeat prescription ready but I won't be returning till after my present prescription runs out. So I went to a walk in centre to see about getting my medication while I am here. The walk in centre couldn't help but said to call a service by the NHS called 111 and after calling them they put me in touch with the pharmacy in a local ASDA.

I went to the local pharmacy with my repeat prescription, my latest Blood results and my box of what is left of my medication. It seems that my Doctor where I live gave me a medication that is not stocked on the NHS. The pharmacy did say to go to a local Doctors and get a temporary listing with the local Doctors. The local Doctors surgery was the surgery I was in from being a child of 10 until I married and moved away so going back to the surgery brought back many memories.

I don't know how old the receptionist is but she is so old I am now 70 years of age OK you may say Peter you don't look you age. Anyway I filled in a temporary form and the old dear took my form. My prescription, my medication and my latest Blood results to the one Doctor who was in her room. I was asked to go back at 11.30 tomorrow to see another Doctor who I was told was a pharmacist before he became a Doctor now that seems a plan. I will go back tomorrow and hopefully get the medication I need.

I went back as asked at the required time of 11.30 am. The Doctor having had my Blood results to check over he was able to find something close to what I am on so it was a good result. I have to go back each month for a repeat prescription but that's OK by me.

I have done this today because there may be a day someone who has read this finds it of great help in there time of need.

No comments:

Post a Comment