Peter's Blog

Iberianspices spicesiberia

Wednesday 20 March 2019

Aquaponics and my fish tank

My fish tank is now built but i want to put another coat of Epoxy Resin over all surfaces on the inside of the tank. After the sand, pebbles, stones, rocks and tree trunks have been installed and all plants have been planted then the glass window will be fitted and the water added.

I have installed a filter system above my tank because probably about 50 years ago after a power cut blame Ted Heath and his three day week. With no power my filter syphoned back and three tanks where found empty.  This time all system pumps and filters will be above the tank so as to safeguard my tank.

But the filter is to filter and clean the water but now i am going to add an Aquaponics system. What this is a system to use the water from the tank to feed a planted unit to grow food Lettuce, herbs etc.

The water from this fish tank is supplying the plants above with nutriments. So this is my goal but first i need to get back home even though i am not a big fan of lettuce but that was only an example.
http://www.backyardaquaponics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment